There are many facts and just as many myths about slot machines. Myths in the world of slot machines are abundant, and often so far off base you really have to question how they got started.
Most people don’t understand the inner working of the slots so it is easy to explain a loss or a win with some false logic. Like any other “wives tales” these are togel online passed from person to person until they become gospel. There are literally thousand upon thousands of myths and facts for slot machines. You be the judge, and believe what you want? Here are some of the ones I hear most often.
* Slot machines near the entrances to casinos pay off more than other machines?
This belief is based on the assumption that winning machines near the entrance will attract passer by’s into the casino. However, today there is no need for casino operators to attract people to play slots, so if it was true in the past it most likely doesn’t apply today.
* If you hit big on a machine you won’t hit again. Not necessarily?
* If a slot machine advertises a 95% payback then I should expect a return of $95 for every $100 put into the machine?
The payback percentages are long term percentages. The long term outlook allows the casinos to average income from the machines over time, which is much longer than the time you would take to play $100 in a machine. In the short term (the time you would take to play $100) the machine could pay off a lot more or a lot less than the advertised amount.
* If a machine hasn’t hit in awhile it is due to hit?
The games are totally random due to the Random Number Generator and do not remember when it hit last and does not predict when it will hit again.
* A slot machine that has received extended play with no significant payouts is “due” to hit?
Not necessarily? Remember every spins of the reels is totally random, so the chance of winning is equally random.
* If the machine feels cold to the touch, cold coins should be used. Likewise, if the machine is warm to the touch, warmed up coins should be used. (The temperature of the machine and/or coins has absolutely NO bearing on ANYTHING.) Now come on.
One of my favorites.
* If you get up from a machine and someone else sits down and hits the big one, this means that if you hadn’t moved you would have won.
Going back to the integrity of the casino and the ability to change the payouts, the casino has no control over this as it is all done with the Random Number Generator.